Do you pick a Word for the year?
Every year I make a vague resolution, “Lose 10 pounds” or “Be more organized”. During a fitness challenge we were asked to pick a word. I chose balance and worked hard for those 8 weeks to create balance in my life between kids, husband, housework, volunteering, home school… It worked for a little while but then the challenge ended and so did all that hard work.
I am choosing the word Balance for the whole year!
This year I am taking on two new jobs including working with my husband. Something that I never expected to do. With these extra obligations I am afraid I will not be able to balance work, house, kids, husband, Half Ironman training, home school, and volunteering. So my direction in 2014 is to Balance all these wonderful parts of my life so I do not become overwhelmed and feel that I need to give up anything. I have never thought of myself as a modern day superwoman that can do it all so I’m hoping to prove myself wrong by setting these goals.
1. Keep weekly date night.
2. Create a work meeting schedule.
3. Keep work separate! Keep work separate! Keep work separate!
1. Tell each child 2-3 positive things they did each night.
2. Play at least one game a day.
3. Once a month they each get their own “day”.
1. Stay on top of Physical Therapy to prevent injuries during Half Ironman training.
2. Read at least 1 book a month.
3. Set aside 30-60 minutes a day to clean EVERY day.
1. Set a schedule and try to stay one week ahead.
2. Consistently post on website and social media.
3. Work only during working hours.
Every week I will evaluate how I’ve done and make any necessary changes. Each month I will see if I’ve been able to achieve Balance. Do you have a word for 2014? What do you need to focus on and want to accomplish this year?